History

The earliest known mention of the buildings that now house Il Sambuco comes to us from 1854, when the farmstead was known as the maso Zont. At that time, it was divided into sections, with a number of different owners. These included members of the Visintainer family, who emigrated to Brazil in 1936, passing their share of the property to new owners.

Our family purchased the site in 1977, and have overseen a number of restoration projects in the intervening years involving both the interior and exterior of the buildings. We made it our permanent home in the 1990s.